1. Platforms, prices, and company
- ReelMotion is a realtime 3D simulator that uses physics and collision
detection to create realistic animations of objects and vehicles including
cars, aircraft, motorcycles, helicopters and nearly any rigid body object.
With ReelMotion you can drive an object, make the object fly, make it climb
any terrain, take action sequences using several of its cameras, roll it over,
have it bounce.
- Simulated Objects: Cars, Trucks, HoverCraft, including other ground
vehicles, Fixed Wing Aircrafts, Helicopters, MotorCycles, Bicycles, and
object of any shape.
- Transformtions: Translation, Scaling, Rotation.
- Model Customization: Tire Track/Width/Diameter, Center of Gravity,
Steering Angle, Engines, Aerodynamics, Shape - import any car body/chassis.
- Controller: Procedural Animation, mouse-based controls.
- Simulation Includes: Landing Gear, Suspension, Tire Rotation, Steering
Wheel, Brake Lights, Propeller Rotation, Elevators and Helicopter Rotor
- Effectors: with the addition of effectors. one can create specializes
- Cameras: Automatically generate camera motion; 11 preset behaviors,
among them: Dolly, Cockpit, Roam, Chase, External, TV Track ; Also simulate
Real World Camera Response with Acceleration, Lag, Jitter and Bounce.
- Physics Based Motion: Mass and Inertia effects, Friction, Springs and
Damping, and External Forces.
- Enviromental Simulation: Wind and Turbulence, Atmospheric Density,
Adjustable Gravity, Surface Traction: Ice to Pavement.
- Special Features
- Easy to use Interface: Game-Like Controls, Drive or Fly with Mouse or
Joystick, Real Time QuickDraw 3D or OpenGL Display, Autopilot Assist for
Helicopters, Airplanes and Motorcycles,Templates for Easy Vehicle
- Terrain Detection: Build and Import Your Own Terrain, Automatically
Positions Objects on Surface, Object Body Interacts With Terrain - Objects
Can Roll and Bounce on the Ground.
- Collision Detection: Collide with Moving or Stationary Objects,
Adjustable Collision Forces Including Spring, Damping and Friction.
- File Formats
- BioVision BVH Acclaim ASF, AMC DXF object files.
5. Web resources