Chapter 4 TDD Exercise
Introduction to Software Testing, Edition 2
Ammann & Offutt
This is an in-class group exercise
based on homework 3.
In homework 3,
you used a TDD process to extend the Calc class.
Now we are going to outline the addition of one more feature to Calc,
and explore the ramifcations in small groups,
and as a class.
You will do one step at a time in your small groups.
Then we will discuss the step as a class before continuing.
- Create a user story to allow users to save a value in memory.
- Outline one TDD test for the user story.
(By “outline,” I mean write down the essential statements, but without a full JUnit structure.)
- Talk about what needs to be changed in the Calc class for that test.
(Don’t implement the changes.)
- Repeat steps 2 & 3 until we are satisfied.
- What refactoring is needed?