We are ready accept applications for 2019!
All materials (see below) must be received by end of day on Friday, February 15th, 2019. There are two documents the student prepares and submits, as well as a questionnaire to complete; there are also two recommendations for separate recommenders to submit.
Students must be a U.S. citizen or Permanent Resident, and must be currently enrolled in an accredited undegraduate program.
In order to apply, you will need to gather or complete the following:
- Complete this Questionnaire (Google form).
- By February 15th, 2019 (end of day), applicants and recommenders should all submit materials to this link: 2019 REU@GMU Applications [See the requirements below]
- name it Last_First_SOP.pdf, e.g. Hopper_Grace_SOP.pdf
- Resume as a pdf (listing your experiences and current skillset).
- name it Last_First_Resume.pdf, e.g. Lovelace_Ada_Resume.pdf
- Two References from two recommenders (ask them first!), who are willing to write a recommendation letter on your behalf. These should be people who mentored or taught you in an academic setting, preferably related to computing.
- recommendations should be named after the student applying. The pattern should be Last_First_Recommendation_recommender.pdf, e.g. Hopper_Grace_Recommendation_MrsCobol.pdf. and uploaded at the link by the referee at 2019 REU@GMU Applications