- Platforms, Prices, and Company
- MAXTRAX II is a path trail generator tool used as a 3D Max plugin. As
the contact patch moves through the scene, MAXTraxII generates a trail behind
- It consists of three distinct plug-ins. The first, MTrack, is the standard
path-generator familiar to MAXTRAX I users. Notable improvements to this
systems include an on-off and cyclic timing queue and the ability to use
shapes as cross-sections along the MaxTrax path. GTrack, the second plug-in,
is a geometry-based version of MTrack.
- Objects: Create moving logos, solid trails, grow shapes of all types
and descriptions. In addition, mundane uses of MAXTRAX II include the
traditional skid marks, as well as bandages trailing from a mummy, banners
towed behind an aircraft, boat wakes, contrails, footprints, a gift box
whose ribbon ties itself, hand writing, paint stripping, painting, phasor
fire, a spider building a web, and ticker tape blowing in the wind.
- Transformation: Spacing, align, translation, rotation, scaling, and
- Editing and manipulations:
- Cameras: Movable
- Lights: Shadow, Point, and Spot lights.
- Materials: texture mapping, procedural maps, raytraced maps
- Controllers: key-based, system
- Advanced animations: Particle based trail builder, geometry based trail
builder and a procedural shockwave.
- Basic Animation
- File formats
- Importing and Exporting file formats: 3D Studio Max (3ds)
- Additional file formats: MTrack, GTrack, GTDisk and RingWave.