Ten Web-Site Design Tips
- Keep graphics and other bandwidth-intensive design elements to a
- Put the search function in an easy-to-find spot.
- Keep content current, but make available an archive of previously
- Don't use frames, which can be difficult to navigate (and print) and
take too long to download.
- Minimize the need to scroll, especially on navigation pages.
- Structure content into hierarchies, but don't make things too complex.
- Make sure your company's name and logo are clearly visible on every
- Key functions such as shopping carts and help buttons should be easy
- Avoid pop-ups that open new browser windows.
- Links to pages not yet seen should be blue; links to pages already
viewed should be red or purple.