Software Engineering Journals
One of my younger colleagues recently asked me:
"What journals in software engineering are top rank in your opinion?"
The last phrase "in your opinion" is very important.
Nevertheless, I came up with a list ...
What I list in "level I" is not controversial.
My level III list is not complete,
but is very much a reflection of my interests.
Also, I am fully aware that some journals I put into level IV
may be better than I realize,
so this list also to some extent reflects my ignorance.
- Top general software engineering journals.
- IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering
- ACM Transactions on Software Engineering Methodology
- General software engineering journals.
- IEE Transactions on Software Engineering
- IEEE Software
- Top special area journals.
- Wiley Software Testing, Verification & Reliability
- Springer Empirical Software Engineering
- Springer Software and Systems Modeling
- Wiley Journal of Software Maintenance and Evolution
- IEEE Transactions on Reliability
- Next level general software engineering journals.
- Journal of Systems and Software
- Software Practice & Experience
- Software Quality Journal
- IEE Proceedings Journal
- Information and Software Technology
- ACTA International Journal of Computers and Applications
- Springer Annals of Software Engineering
- Knowledge Engineering and Software Engineering (SEKE) Journal
- Springer International Journal on Software Tools for Technology Transfer
Back to my home page.