SWE 637 In Class Exercise #0A
Introduction to Software Testing
Goal: Thinking about "coverage"
Much of the course is structured around the notion of "test coverage".
Before we get down into the weeds, it's worth spending some time
thinking about coverage does - and doesn't - do.
Instructions: Work with your neighbors in groups.
- What purpose(s) does a test serve?
- What is your experience with test coverage?
- How would you define "test coverage"?
- What is the rationale for test coverage?
That is, what do we really care about during testing,
and how is coverage related to that?
- Is 100% coverage (of any sort) a rational goal? Why or why not?