George Mason University awards top students in 500 words essay competition

On Jun 05, 2017 was one of the most exciting and interesting events of 500 words essay writing tips held by the tutors of the University Dr.Forester and Ms. Jaison Falcon, who are leaders in the alumni groups of students. Together with sponsors such as IBM, Google and, was organized many events supporting students with problems and low financial aids.
500 words essay contest
The first place took the student from the state of Texas Jackson Willson with his essay about global warming and difficulties which animals may face during this harms on the planet.
The second place took the second-grade student Jessica Parker from New York, who wrote a great thesis about the life in a ghetto on the South Africa. What difficulties people face fighting against the crime to survive in the hard condition of the life. Also how corruption reflects on the life of simple people in Africa.
And the third but not the last place took an international student from Japan Haruki Naturama writing about difficulties in the friendship between international students and races. He wrote about his experience in many countries from Russia to India, and how different all the people wanted to communicate with him.

The time of the event was regulated by the Alumni office from 12 am to 5 pm and more over 300 students visited this event, enjoying this 500 words writing contest.
From the financial point of view, more over 5,000 dollars was donated to help students financially to study their favorite subjects and fulfill their dreams to the real life.
The President of Engineering School of GME is also commented the situation around the event and admitted that a number of good people are growing every year, and more and more undergraduates are happy to help each other. Such statistics were also provided that day, where all people related to the University were able to be proud of.

Anveshi’s paper on Multi-task learning accepted at IEEE ICDM 2012.

Paper Title: Multi-task learning for classifying proteins with dual hierarchies (Short Paper)

Authors: Anveshi Charuvaka and Huzefa Rangwala

Conference: IEEE International Conference on Data Mining , ICDM 2012.

Location: Brussels, Belgium

Acceptance Rate: Out of 756 submissions, the acceptance rate was 10.7% for full papers and an additional 9.3% for short papers for an overall acceptance rate of under 20%.

Preprint: Coming Soon.

read more