- Second Place of The 2004 ACM SIGCSE (Graduate) Student Research Competition (Graduate Division).
- Third Place of The 2004 ACM (Graduate) Student Research Competition Grand Finals (Out of The 9 Winners From SIGOPS, SIGPLAN and SIGCSE SRC Graduate Division).
- 2009 National Science Foundation (NSF) Faculty Early Career Development (CAREER) Award.
- 2009 Volgenau School Rising Star Faculty Research Award.
- Interval Centroid Based Watermark. USPTO patent number 7,724,782 issued on 5/25/2010.
- Packet Flow Side Channel. USPTO patent number 7,822,073 issued on 10/26/2010.
- Interval Centroid Based Watermark Decoder. USPTO patent number 7,830,923 issued on 11/9/2010.
- Transparent Authentication of Continuous Data Streams. USPTO patent number 8,131,998 issued on 3/6/2012.
- Live Botmaster Traceback. USPTO patent number 8,176,173 issued on 5/8/2012.
- Botmaster Traceback. USPTO patent number 8,433,796 issued on 4/30/2013.
- Packet Flow Side Channel. USPTO patent number 8,644,353 issued on 2/4/2014.
- Program Execution Integrity Verification for a Computer System. USPTO patent number 8,806,640 issued on 8/12/2014.
- Method and System for Recovering Cryptographic Operations and/or Secrets. USPTO patent number 9,160,524 issued on 10/13/2015.