Welcome to CS Advising!
Our mission is to:
- Provide the most relevant and complete information possible to prospective and current students
- Foster a departmental atmosphere where all students feel welcome, heard, and responded to
- Continually review and update the services we provide, ensuring that students receive an excellent educational experience
Meeting with a Graduate Student Advisor
CS Main Office: Room 4300, Nguyen Engineering Building. Check in at the front desk for all appointments.
The CS department has three graduate advisors on staff who are qualified to answer many student questions on both policy and procedure:
- Ryan Lucas, Graduate Program Specialist (MS and PhD programs)
- Beth Posocco, Graduate Program Specialist (MS programs)
- Cecelia Kimes, Graduate Program Specialist (PhD program)
Virtual Advising: Book an Appointment
In-Person Advising: The office is open for walk-in advising Monday - Wednesday from 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM and 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM.
Each student is assigned a faculty advisor to confer with on matters related to degree requirements.
Your advisor can:
- Help you decide which courses to take
- Evaluate what courses you need for graduation,
- Answer general questions pertaining to your academics and coursework
You can contact the staff student advisors listed above to find out who your faculty advisor is.
If you have an academic question that the staff cannot answer, ask your faculty advisor. All faculty members maintain office hours for their advisees, and/or class students. These hours are posted on the CS "Student Information" bulletin board outside Room 4300 Engineering Bldg or online at Faculty Office Hours.
The program directors for the MS programs offered by the CS department are listed below. Some issues such as a waiver of degree requirements or approval of elective courses (not on the pre-approved list for a program) can only be approved by the program director of the MS program.