Students who are considering computer science as their major must meet with the College of Engineering and Computing Coordinator of Undergraduate Advising, 2500 Nguyen Engineering Building. 

If you did not enter GMU as a CS or ACS major, you must apply in order to be accepted into the department.

To qualify, you must fulfill both of the following:

  • GPA of at least 2.75 in all CS and MATH courses
  • Successfully completed with a B or better
    • CS 112 or CS 211
    • MATH 113, MATH 114, or MATH 125

If you qualify, you can complete a change/declaration of major form at the CS department office.  If you are currently enrolled in your first semester at GMU, you must wait until you receive your first semester of grades before you will be considered for the Computer Science department.