Welcome to CS Advising!
Our mission is to:
- Provide the most relevant and complete information possible to prospective and current students
- Foster a departmental atmosphere where all students feel welcome, heard, and responded to
- Continually review and update the services we provide, ensuring that students receive an excellent undergraduate educational experience
Meeting with a Staff Undergraduate Student Advisor
CS staff in the department office, Room 4300 of the Engineering Building, are qualified to answer many student questions on both policy and procedure.
In particular, the department's staff includes two undergraduate student advisors:
- Undergraduate Student Advisor
- Undergraduate Program Specialist
Feel free to come by the CS department office during our walk-in office hours (10:00am - 4:00pm) to see if your question can be answered by the staff.
CS Main Office: Room 4300, Nguyen Engineering Building. Check in at the front desk for all appointments.
Email us: email@example.com
Call us: 703-993-1530
If you have formally declared Computer Science as your major, you will have an assigned faculty advisor to assist you with scheduling and other academic decisions. We recommend that you meet with your advisor on a regular basis. For additional information concerning CS faculty advisors, see the Your Faculty Advisor page.